Everything is better on the big screen and this is made easy with a Chromecast device!
Simply follow the steps below to get FMTV on your Chromecast device:
- Plug your Chromecast device into your TV. Be sure to connect the USB power cable into your Chromecast device. Then plug the other end of the USB power cable either into an open USB port on your TV OR into the included power adapter which you will then plug into a power outlet.
- Connect your Chromecast device. You will be taken through some set-up steps on your TV screen. The most important step is ensuring that your Chromecast device and the mobile device, tablet, or laptop you are using to set up Chromecast with are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Start casting! This step is dependent on the device you are using to cast from. Please read carefully and follow the steps that are relevant to you.
The FMTV app for Android has the Chromecast feature built in! Simply download the app from the Google Play store, log in to your FMTV account, select the content you want to watch, and in the bottom right corner you’ll find the cast icon. If your Android device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, your TV will appear in the list of devices to cast to.
Laptop or Computer Users
If you're not using Android, we highly recommend using a laptop or computer as this is the simplest and most reliable way to get casting!
- Open up a fresh tab on a Google Chrome web browser on your Computer. If you do not have Google Chrome, you can download here: https://www.google.com/chrome - Login to your FMTV account at www.fmtv.com and select the video you'd like to watch.
- In the top right corner of your Google Chrome browser, select the menu. It will either appear as three dots in a vertical line, or a small arrow pointing up. A menu will appear. Click 'cast' from the menu.
- A menu should appear with the devices you can cast to. If your Chromecast is connected correctly to your TV, it will appear in the menu. Click your TV and away you go! It is possible to cast from your iOS devices such as iPhone or iPad by downloading the Chromecast app and then using the screen mirroring function. However, as Chromecast is not optimized for Apple devices, many people do experience connectivity issues. For this reason, we recommend avoiding this method.
Happy viewing & if you have any questions along the way, please just reach out to our team via live chat.